Monday, March 26, 2012

No Running for the Weary


I had my first involuntary week of rest from running. My body (knees) told me they needed some time off. That was the most nerve wrecking week for me. All I could think about was omg what happens if this pain and soreness doesn't go away and I have to go to the doctor and find out that I tore something. This moment let me know that I had really become serious about running, and that it is now my "drug". A whole bunch of thoughts ran through my head, what if I won't be able to run and train for my next 5K next month or worse be out of commission for a super long time like some of my fellow running mates who have recently succumb to injury. So I was not going to have another "after school special" moment so I rested, iced and elevated my knees and wore a brace on the one that was hurting the most. Well, Friday I woke up with a feeling that I was not use to.... I felt no pain! Lesson learned is take advantage of rest days, one day will not hurt your progress...listen to your body and you will be just fine!

No comments:

Post a Comment