Saturday, March 10, 2012

Running from the Old Me

Let's just say it all started with a "vision". Yes, cliche I know, but it is true! My sister has had me and a group of our friends do vision boards at the beginning of the year for the past 3 years. Each year I kept saying "oh, I'll get in shape". This year, however thanks to our friend Stephanie Henry I was able to actually make my "vision" a reality.

I joined the group Black Girls Run (which I'll be referring to as BGR most of the time) toward the end of January 2012. I had no clue what I was getting myself into, but I am so happy I did! To date I have run 2 5Ks and set a new PR (personal record) for each of them.

I am now a runner, I NEVER would've thought I'd be saying that! However, I must say it has been one of the best new activities I've brought into my life. I finally have a HEALTHY HABIT!!

With all that being said, this blog is to track my journey, hence the name"Running to a New Me" as I train and prepare for a 1/2 marathon at the end of 2012.

As a part of this journey I will participate in at least one 5K a month, and participate in all BGR weekly runs and runner's clinics, just to make sure I stay moving a motivated.....In my next posts I will be back tracking a bit, but mainly to catch you guys up to where I currently am... thanks for coming along with me on my journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment