Friday, April 6, 2012

Motivation


You see those two beautiful young ladies to your left? Well, those are my linesisters Carmen & Kelle! First let me start off my saying, I love them dearly, no matter how much time we are apart and don't communicate that much, when we are around each other it's like we were never apart. I started running with Black Girls Run at the end of January because I was motivated by my fried Stephanie, and I knew I needed to be more concerned about my health. Never in a million years did I think that I would get a text one night from Carmen asking me about BGR and what to expect. In my head, I was thinking were my posts on Facebook and Twitter the spark that lit her fire and interest for joining BGR ( I'd like to think so). Never had I been so happy to share with Carmen all of the great benefits and MAJOR support she would receive by joining BGR. Like me Carmen was a bit nervous about getting out there and being among some of the seasoned members, I just knew I was going to feel like an outcast and they were going to leave me behind...I reassured her it was a go at your own pace and build yourself up type of deal and that "no woman is left behind" no matter what time you finish BGR will be there waiting for you. So it truly moved me when I got the notification on Twitter that Carmen was going out for her first BGR run!!! What was even better what the text she sent "I had fun, think I'm gonna get addicted"......
I love sharing my experiences I've had so far along the way and sharing tips to help make running a lot easier and fun.
Now Kelle's notification was bit different, one night I get notification from Facebook that Kelle has posted on my wall. I'm thinking oh maybe she tagged me in something or is sharing a post. Well, to my great surprise she wrote.. "Guess who joined BGR???? Gone twice so far". The fact that she felt the need to let me know shows she's been following my journey and was motivated (once again, at least I hope that's the case lol). Either way I have two more friends that are on this running journey with me who I can share stories with and support.

You never know who is watching you and just needs to see someone else go out and take a chance. Ladies I wish you the best of luck on this journey to a healthier life. I'm here if you need me even though we are far apart, maybe one day we can do a run together........

No comments:

Post a Comment