Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Look Like Beauty Run Like a Beast!

In full beast mode, the adrenaline has kicked in
This past Saturday I had the opportunity to participate in my first obstacle run. I figured it was time to mix things up a bit. Those of you who are long distance runners know how mundane running can be, especially when the route is bland. So being the couponista that I am I was scrolling through the daily LivingSocial deals and came across the Beach Beast run.
The name was very appeasing, I like to run and I love the beach. I went on their site to see what it was all about and I was sold. I put it up on Facebook and to my surprise the first person who took interest in running it with me was my sister. Ms." I Don't Run, I Spin". So we signed up and that was that. As time got closer I could feel the excitement build not in me but my sister, I really think she had more fun than I did with the run, which I'm happy about because maybe she was bit by the running bug. Then reality hit me I know she only liked it because it was challenging. That it surely was. At first I was not impressed with the obstacles and being a runner when I looked at some of the obstacles ahead of us all I could think was "I'm not doing that I may hurt my knees!" (Yes, a vain and concerned runner). However, my sister kept saying with each obstacle try it once and if you can't conquer it go around, but at least try it. I am happy she was with me because I never felt so accomplished after finishing a race before. I DID IT! I was able to climb and run over walls, things I probably never thought I would or even could do. Overall, this was a great experience and I am happy that I was able to do my first run with my sister. I hope to at least one obstacle run a year from now on.

Crawling to the finish line, telling Joi to smile there are cameras :-)
....and she smiled!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment