Monday, April 15, 2013

Run for your lives?!?!?


I write this post with a very heavy heart. I literally cannot stop crying about what happened today at the Boston Marathon. Being a part of the running community, this event hit very close to home. All I can think about is that could've been me, that could've been my friends or family watching me at the finish line. An event so famous that's full of men and women who have truly worked their behinds off just to apart of this great race.
Some small minded person (people) felt the need to ruin the lives of innocent runners, their families, and friends who were just trying to accomplish one of their running goals. What hurts the most is knowing that there is someone so sick to even think of doing something like this. No matter how much we try to change the laws and control things that people can get a hold of, nothing can change the mindset or the soul of some people. We just have to come to the conclusion that we have some very sick people in this world who just wish evil on everyone.With that being said, we must all stay prayed up and trust in the Lord. Unfortunately, I know this event will deter some runners from running other races. I can't lie, I am shook a bit and thinking about my upcoming race this month and in May. I can't allow others to have me live in fear and stop me from doing what is near and dear to my heart. I will continue to pray and trust in the Lord, I will continue to pray for EVERYONE whether they are running in a race in the very near future or just walking out their door to start their day.

For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline. 2 Timothy 1:7 NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment