Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Another 5K In the Books


On Sunday, April 22, 2012, I was able to partake in my 3rd 5K. I must say I really pushed myself on this one. I ran the entire race and felt great after it. The night before the race I was able to realize that I am starting to enter a comfort zone and that 3 miles is no longer a challenge for me. In no way, shape, or form did I have any pre-race jitters or experience any anxiety like I did with my first two races.
Another thing I was able to realize, is that I am becoming a serious and competitive runner. At the race the timing system they used did not track each runner's starting time, therefore there was no net time at the end of the race. This excuse my language, really pissed me off. I like to know how well I do in each race so I can track my progress, them not tracking me from the time I crossed the starting line is not helping this goal. Also the course was marked wrong, it was 3.25 miles instead of 3.1 so of course my time ended up being longer, uggggh! I really felt some kind of way after the race and I can say I wasn't really feeling accomplished, I was a little down because my recorded time was 35:02, that means I didn't beat my last PR, and I have a strong feeling that I did beat it when I hit 3.1 in the race. Next time I know to make sure I set RunKeeper and Endomondo to 3.1 when I start the race. I am slowly but surely starting to put the race behind me and continue to train for my 10K next month. As of now I plan on doing it on May 20th. Since 3.1 miles is no longer a challenge I decided to do something about it and step it up! I shall keep you posted on how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment